When you have a wardrobe full of rejected clothes (too long, too short, too old, too frumpy, too tight…), your self-esteem immediately drops and you feel bored and hopeless with what you have. That’s a fact….
So, treat your wardrobe as prime real estate…..WHY?
- The less you pack in there the more you will wear. Items buried at the bottom of a drawer or garments you can’t see will never be worn again.
- A tidy, accessible space for the clothes that fit you and that you enjoy wearing will help you evolve your style and feel more confident.
- You will be saving money and becoming more mindful about your spending habits in general.
- You will have more time for the things that matter most; you will be inviting more peace into your life.
- You will feel more creative and adventurous in having less.
- You will make accessories your best friend. Take an old outfit or a basic outfit, add a generous helping of this seasons trend of jewellery, scarves, belts, hats, bags…. and there you have it, a new outfit.
It’s so refreshing to open your wardrobe and find a clutter-free zone, filled with everything you need and nothing you don’t. Because I truly DO NOT believe that more choice means better options and greater satisfaction. It actually creates anxiety and limits creativity.
How is your wardrobe looking right now? Would you agree with the strategy of having less? Please leave your comment below.